Any mundane practices that are associated with this deity?

I found particular topic to be a bit of a challenge to write for.  We can look at the word mundane as being one, non magical or two, drab or boring.

From a non magical prospective I think that everything working with Hecate would  be magical/spiritual.  Most of the work you're doing is either for betterment of your relationship with the Goddess.  To me that makes everything from collecting the wood for a bonfire, to sitting for tattoos in her honor as being non-mundane.

Recently I started the process of putting in dreadlocks.  As I sit and feel the backcombing, those who do not know, IT HURTS, each pull and tug I try to focus on my dedication to the Goddess.  I try to breathe deeply and focus on why I'm working on this particular look.  The same way I may sit for a tattoo.

As far as drab or boring.  When in a mindset to do anything for a deity, I think that if you're looking at it and it feels boring, you may need to do some work on that relationship.  Nothing done for spirituality should be boring.

I use this video often to help me with chanting and focus on the Goddess.




No comments