How does this deity relate to other gods and other pantheons?

Hecate has been related to various goddess figures.  Selene, Artemis, Isis and even Lucifer are often associated with her.  If we look back at our history we can see that many religions have very similar figures. I like to say there's a little bit of Jesus in every religion.  That's not to give Christianity the credit for being the source of all religions but more to say that all religions really come from the same place.

To me, What some call Isis, or Artemis another may call Hecate.  Deities come to you in a form that you can understand and relate to.  I believe that deities may morph as well.  What I need today from my religion may not be what I need next year.  The justice I needed when my mother lived here, I found in Hecate.  The strength I needed when I was finally able to get her out of my house, I found in Hecate.  Today my ability to stand up for others and cry out for what I view is the right thing to do, I attribute to her.

Each one of us takes what we need from the deity.  They give us a strength that we need to move forward.  I think this is how the different deities changed throughout history.



No comments