My Walk with Hecate


My journey with Hecate has been filled with intrigue and discovery.  I've learned so much over the years that I couldn't begin to list. 

I completed the Rite of the Red Cord just as my mother was moved in with me to assist her in moving on through to the other side.  I thought this was a message from Hecate to take up the torch so to speak and guide her there.  As it turned out I was able to nurse her back to health and send her on a different path.

My decision to become a Torchbearer came like many other decisions related to the Goddess.  I was discussing it with my partner and as he opened our door a black snake slithered into the threshold and then back out again.  I knew this was the Goddess giving me her blessing.  I've worked on several projects for CoH, several ongoing at this time.  As part of my dedication, I have written several magazines and am currently in the process of creating a set of my own Oracle cards based on the Goddess.  I've also created a local rescue to help care for the homeless animals in my county.

In August of 2013, I became an officially ordained Minister and currently offer spiritual counseling to others at no charge.  Several clients have regularly scheduled sessions with me and some are also followers of Hecate.

My house sits firmly at a crossroads, next to a river where I've been fortunate enough to have the open space to create a small ritual space dedicated to Hecate outside.  We are looking to expand so that I can create a Pagan Community Service Center to assist those like-minded in my area. 
As part of my service to the Goddess I have daily works and of course on the moon phases to spend time putting myself in a position to understand more about her.  This process has been extremely rewarding and helped me find a point in myself that I can accept me for me.




No comments