Blood in Incense

Recently I read the book Hecatean Magick by B. Morland  This book contains several entries for different types of incense.  Today I wanted to share with you a few of the recipes.  First let's look at the template incense.

Temple Incense - page 80 Hecatean Magick

1 part Frankincense
1 part Copal
1 part Amber
1 part Sandalwood
A few drops of blood

War Incense - page 73 Hecatean Magick
2 part Black Pepper
1 part Cayenne
1 part High John the Conqueror root (powered)
1 part Sulfur
A few drops of blood to strengthen
A few drops of urine


The common element in them all is blood.  I have used blood drops in many of my spell work but never have seen it used in incense.  I'm interested to see if anyone has used these recipes or have the created any incense for Hecate or any other deity that utilizes blood.






No comments