Variations on this Deity

This topic gave me pause.  To me every single deity has variations.  There are variations in a bologna sandwiches to be sure there will be variations on a deity.  I don't like saying that one particular belief is better than another or rather, one is right and one is wrong.

The way we work with a deity is very personal.  Be it Jesus Christ or Hecate, we have a very individual way of interacting with that being.  For me, I tend to be more free form.  I have one ritual that I do every single day in order to be sure that I'm devoting time to her, but as for a set ritual, I shy away from that.

Some have things they do every dark moon, or every full moon.  Some only do ritual on Samhain or Beltane. To me each way that we interact create a sort of variation.  This changes the way we view that deity.

One of the things I do is try to work Hecate into my other activities.  I do a lot of craft work, so I try to create things in her honor.  Recently I made this entry way altar.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

I love working with clay so I created the the following statues of her.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Finally I created this outdoor shrine area that I plan to use for outdoor rituals when the weather permits.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson




Not something that every devotee of Hecate does but something that I've found fits me.



No comments