A Quote, a Poem, or Piece of Writing that You Think this Deity Resonates Strongly With

The quote that I most closely associate with her is:

Aristophanes, Plutus 410 ff (trans. O'Neill) (Greek comedy C5th to 4th B.C.) :"Ask Hekate whether it is better to be rich or starving; she will tell you that the rich send her a meal every month [i.e. food placed inside her door-front shrines] and that the poor make it disappear before it is even served." - http://www.theoi.com/Cult/HekateCult.html


I do a great deal of justice work.  I believe that we should have more care for those in our nation and world who go without food.  These are basic needs that everyone needs to have met.  In her role as protector of the women and children, I can easily see how this would be something that resonates with her today.

Based on her role as protector I wrote a piece as a call for justice.

Calling to Hecate for Justice
Hecate Hecate Hecate
Dark Mother, Mistress of the Night
I call upon you and your hounds under the dark moon
Bring forth your justice with all its might.

Hecate Hecate Hecate
I call out to you times three
Protector of women and those in need
I’m here at the crossroads, belladonna in hand
Requesting from you justice for this horrible deed.

Hecate Hecate Hecate
Hear my chant and bring forth justice
Vengeance is not what you give, nor what I seek
Bring forth your powers to protect the meek.

~Sosanna - 2012~



No comments