A time when this deity has helped you

When I began my journey to learn about Hecate, I was just being to take care of my mother.  I always felt little or no connection to her.  I was told my mother was dying and I honestly believed that Hecate had put me in this position to help her move on to the next phase of her life.





At the time I didn't realize that what was actually happening is that I was learning to break free of the chains of expectation.  I was learning that even though everyone expected me to take care of my mother because I was the oldest, I was actually NOT required to do anything at all.

She lived here a little over 8 months.  It was awful.  I did everything I could to be a 'good daughter' and make sure she was taken care of, while my health both physical and mental deteriorated.  My sisters never came to help me with her.  Instead they ran off to the beach and went on with their lives while I sat her actually assisting my mother to live longer and torment me longer.

One night I sat in front of my altar and began working on my chants.  It came to me that I did not need owe her anything, I needed to cut that cord and take the direction in the crossroad that led to happiness for me.



As I repeated the chant I accepted what her torches had revealed to me.  I did have a mother, and she was showing me that I needed to care for myself.  Since accepting this my life has been so much better.



I feel so much more connected to the Earth and to my own sense of well being.

No comments